Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding the treatment of personal information. This Policy does not apply to the information you provide to Absolent or to the information that Absolent may collect offline and/or through other means. It also does not apply to the information collected by another affiliated or third party Website or application that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website absolent.com our absolent.com sub-domains. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our newsletter or services, posting material, name, address or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website. You may, however, visit our Website anonymously.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access.
Information may be stored manually or electronically. Any personal information you give us will be stored and processed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the European Union. The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 may provide personal information and data to the Website and Absolent will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group. Any queries relating to data collection or our use of your personal information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or please call us on +46 (0)510 484000.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Union. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the European Union who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your enquiry and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with the laws and regulations of the European Union.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we may use information collected from you
We use the information provided by you to:
- Process any enquiry by you
- Research purposes
- For statistical purposes to establish the popularity of product ranges
- To administer our business
- To notify you of any product developments which may be of interest to you, if you have opted into receive such updates.
Note! If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services.
- We may pass on your information to companies whose products we think may interest you, unless you have told us not to.
If you do not wish for us to share your details with any third parties please e-mail email@example.com with your full name, address and country.
In the event that your personal data becomes inaccurate or incomplete, or in any event you have the right to gain access to your personal data for the purposes of having it deleted or corrected. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a cookie and how is it used?
A cookie tracks the Website usage by transferring a small text file to the Website visitor’s hard disk or web browser. Cookies are used to provide visitors with access to different functions. The information in the cookie allows us to track how a visitor is using the Website.
Two different kinds of cookies
This Website uses a type of cookie that is intended to facilitate activities of the user, such as the use of functionalities that require login, registration or ordering material. These cookies save a file on your computer for an extended period of time. Cookies are used to gather internal and external statistical information such as the number of page views and visitors. Statistical information is anonymous and cannot be connected to one individual by name, e-mail address and other information.
So called “session cookies” are also used on this Website. These cookies are used to keep track of, for instance, the chosen language and is only stored temporarily in the cache memory of the computer. Session cookies will disappear when you close your browser.
For the purpose of gathering and analysing statistics we use third-party cookies. These cookies collect statistics in aggregate form in tools such as Google Analytics and are booth temporary and permanent. The temporary cookies will, as stated above, disappear when you close your browser. The permanent cookies will remain stored on your computer or mobile device for an extended period of time.
Our Website may sometimes contain links to and from the Websites of third parties. When following these links, please be aware that these Websites have their own privacy policies which we do not accept responsibility or liability for.